Creating another networking post as I did find this critical to working my business from Spain.
With a standard Spanish Oracle connection you get a so called “Livebox” , which is an fairly advanced consumer router. However for my LAN to LAN VPN connection to York, this router is no good and I need my Draytek 2760 to work for this.
This is how to set it up.
- Nokia ONT: connects to Orange fibre network
- Draytek 2760: VPN router connecting using IPSEC with IKEv2 to York
- Unifi USG: LAN router
- Unifi Switch: managed switch
The LAN setup is similar to my previous post on Draytek 2860 and Unifi USG.
However the connecting from a Draytek to a Spanish Orange ONT is as follows:
Draytek 2760 Settings
General Setup – WAN2:
- Tag value: 832 (required for Orange)
- Priority: 0
- WAN2 will enable port P4 as WAN, which should be connected to the ONT
- Display Name: Oniti is the Orange provider
General Setup – Internet Access
- Obtain an IP address automatically (the blue covered bit are from earlier tests)
- Enable PING (was the best solution for me but not required)
- MAC Address: MAC address of the LiveBox (as the installation technician enters this into the ONT, I think)
Just a couple of LAN notes similar to my earlier Draytek 2860 post.
- 192.168.9.0/24: DMZ network with DHCP (exposed to the web) connected to USG via port P1
- 192.168.8.0/24: LAN network with no DHCP as this is controlled by the USG and connected to USG LAN via the Unifi Switch from port P3
- The is no routing between the 8 and 9 networks (naturally to enforce the USG firewall)