Being a non-DBA and non-developer it is not easy to install Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.
I did have to try a few times before succeeding but it is possible and hopefully now a bit easier with the guide.
On the surface is looks straight forward but I would recommend to set aside a full week to complete the full installation and patching cycle.
What you need to do is:
- Installing an Oracle Server
- Installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4 (OEL 6.4)
- Installing Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.0 (R12.2.0)
- Managing Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2
- Upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.0 to R12.2.2
I usually skip the step “Install Server” but from R12.2 a Oracle Weblogic Server is included so you will need a lot more power to install R12.2 in a reasonable time. You could install and run R12.1 on a 4Gb Atom CPU based server but for R12.2 I would recommend minimum 8Gb and ideally 16Gb running on a i7 or Xeon CPU.