Trying to collect the major non-technical R12.2.x issues and bugs in a single note…
UPDATE 2014-03-26: R12.3 seems to be on the way; its referred to in many notes on Metalink so bugs below might not get fixed until then.
Topics covered in this note:
- Flexfield Value Set Security: Enabled by Default
- Report Manager Excel Publishing: Compile error on SAXXMLReader30
Flexfield Value Set Security: Enabled by Default
This is enabled by default and you will find that you are not able to view and update any segment values.
- Login as: SYSADMIN
- Use responsibility: User Management
And click: Users
- Find your user and click update:
- Click: “Assign Roles” and search for role: “Flexfield Value Set Security: All privileges”
- Select role and enter justification and click: Apply
Report Manager Excel Publishing: Compile error on SAXXMLReader30
This is described in note: 1077728.1 but is hard to find. Key is to search for: SAXXMLReader30
According to Oracle support:
R12.1.3: Apply patch 17429169
R12.2.2: NO PATCH EXISTS (yet)
So a really big issue for R12.2.x implementations.
The error happens on all Windows 8 clients when publishing a report to MS Excel:
Supplier Entry: Server Not Found
When activating the Supplier Entry html form you get:
On Vision you will get the reference: fa5099-obiee.oracleads.com
This is caused by an OBIEE personalization.
Click “Personalize Page”:
Scroll down to:
and click delete and same for:
Click return to application and all looks as in the “good old days”: